August 14, 15 and 16
It’s time to talk FESTIVAL!! Mark your calendars and come out to support this major fundraising event. Get some work hours in, visit with fellow members and friends, and cheer on our Finn Camp Voima softball team!
Friday kicks off the festival weekend with the kitchen and beer truck opening at 5:00 p.m., followed by the Home Run Derby beginning about 6:30 p.m. Come see the big hitters knock ’em into the woods! We will continue in to the evening with music and dancing in the Clubroom!
Saturday the kitchen will open for breakfast at 8:00 a.m., with food available all day in the Ravintola and food tent. The softball tournament also begins at 8:00 a.m. with games on the Finn Camp’s George Aho Memorial Field and the Gilbert Willis Park fields. Flagraising ceremonies will be at 11:00 a.m. There will be music and entertainment from the Dance Hall porch plus 50/50 raffles, the pitching booth, horseshoes and other games, face painting, and the sale of Finn Camp and Finn Fest merchandise throughout the day. Save some energy for the dance floor on Saturday night as our DJ will be playing favorites in the Dance Hall.
Sunday, FUNday, we will do it all over again! The kitchen will open for breakfast at 8: 00 a.m. with food available all day. Softball will continue on all three fields with the championship game on our “A” Field in the late
afternoon/early evening, followed immediately by trophy presentation. Music, raffles, horseshoes, and other activities will continue as well.
- Wine TastingStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: Saturday, October 1, 2016 - 9:00 pmLocation: ClubroomDescription: Join us to explore the fascinating wine regions of France. Light appetizers will be served, a nd we will have entertainment by Bruce Foxworthy. Space is limited, so please make your reservations by September 25. The charge is only $20 per person, due at that time. Please contact Joan Sennhenn @ 248-882-4626 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Future PlanningStarts: 7:30 pmEnds: Thursday, October 6, 2016 - 8:30 pm
- Autumn Fest and Mojakka Cook-offStarts: 5:00 pmEnds: Saturday, October 8, 2016 - 7:00 pmLocation: ClubroomDescription: This year’s event has been scheduled for Saturday, October 8. Some new contenders this year will include Dustin Evans, Gina O’Neill, Kristine Barie and Rob Foxworthy. Secure your entry—and a chance for first prize and bragging rights—by registering at email@example.com or by texting 248-895-4561. You may drop off your entry at the Clubroom between 2:00 and 3:00 p.m. on October 8. Desserts are always welcome too! The doors will open at 5:00 p.m. Entrance for adults is $5; for twelve and under, $3. We will also have a raffle, with many prizes. All proceeds go to the scholarship committee.
- newsletter items are dueStarts: 12:00 amEnds: Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 12:00 am
- Adult Halloween PartyStarts: 9:00 pmEnds: Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 12:00 amLocation: ClubroomDescription: Our annual Halloween party for adults will be held on Saturday, October 22, in the Clubroom starting at 9:00 pm. Please bring a dish to share with the monsters! Prizes will be awarded for the best costumes: the Scariest, Ugliest, Prettiest, Funniest and Most Original. Come vote for your favorite. We’ll do the Monster Mash with DJ Cary and have a ghoulishly, ghastly, hauntingly good time! —Scary Sherry and the rest of the Bar Committee
- Board meeting, Visitors at noon.Starts: 10:00 amEnds: Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 1:00 pmLocation: Board Room
- The Kids Halloween PartyStarts: 5:30 pmEnds: Saturday, October 29, 2016 - 9:00 pmLocation: West Side CampsDescription: Children’s Halloween is Saturday, October 29, trick or treating starts at 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. After trick or treating meet at Leppi’s landing for: hot dog roast, costume contest, music and dancing. Followed by a hayride. After the hayride, enjoy a movie, cider and donuts under the big tent! For more information, please email Ginger Wing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Semiannual Membership MeetingStarts: 12:00 pmEnds: Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 3:00 pmLocation: ClubroomDescription: The second and final all-membership meeting of the year will be held on Sunday, October 30, in the Clubroom, starting at noon. Registration will begin at 11:00 a.m. This meeting is an opportunity for all standing committees and groups to report on their activities since the April annual meeting. Many important issues are decided at these official gatherings. And this would be an excellent chance to have your work hours cards signed and turn them in, since they are due the next day.
Events on Saturday, October 1, 2016
Events on Thursday, October 6, 2016
Events on Saturday, October 8, 2016
Events on Saturday, October 15, 2016
Events on Saturday, October 22, 2016
Events on Sunday, October 23, 2016
Events on Saturday, October 29, 2016
Events on Sunday, October 30, 2016