August 14, 15 and 16
It’s time to talk FESTIVAL!! Mark your calendars and come out to support this major fundraising event. Get some work hours in, visit with fellow members and friends, and cheer on our Finn Camp Voima softball team!
Friday kicks off the festival weekend with the kitchen and beer truck opening at 5:00 p.m., followed by the Home Run Derby beginning about 6:30 p.m. Come see the big hitters knock ’em into the woods! We will continue in to the evening with music and dancing in the Clubroom!
Saturday the kitchen will open for breakfast at 8:00 a.m., with food available all day in the Ravintola and food tent. The softball tournament also begins at 8:00 a.m. with games on the Finn Camp’s George Aho Memorial Field and the Gilbert Willis Park fields. Flagraising ceremonies will be at 11:00 a.m. There will be music and entertainment from the Dance Hall porch plus 50/50 raffles, the pitching booth, horseshoes and other games, face painting, and the sale of Finn Camp and Finn Fest merchandise throughout the day. Save some energy for the dance floor on Saturday night as our DJ will be playing favorites in the Dance Hall.
Sunday, FUNday, we will do it all over again! The kitchen will open for breakfast at 8: 00 a.m. with food available all day. Softball will continue on all three fields with the championship game on our “A” Field in the late
afternoon/early evening, followed immediately by trophy presentation. Music, raffles, horseshoes, and other activities will continue as well.
- WinterfestStarts: 1:00 pmEnds: Saturday, February 6, 2016 - 2:00 pmLocation: Detroit Finnish Cooperative Summer Camp Association, 2524 Loon Lake Rd, Wixom, MI 48393, United StatesDescription: Winterfest will be held Saturday, February 6, 2016. The day will start with polar dipping and ice fishing from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. at Sun Lake and a Chili Cook-off beginning at 6:00 p.m., followed by dancing. If you would like to get an early start on your work hours please contact Linda Gooden at gooden_71@Hotmail.com to sign up to help. I am looking for a button maker, raffle and 50/50 ticket sellers, chili judges, helpers at the beach and Clubroom and a sauna master from 1:00 to 3:00. I would also greatly appreciate any donations of raffle prizes.—Linda Gooden
- Forest ManagementStarts: 10:00 amEnds: Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 2:00 pmLocation: Pole Barn
- newsletter items are dueStarts: 12:00 amEnds: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 12:00 am
- Clubroom is ClosedStarts: 12:00 amEnds: Saturday, February 20, 2016 - 12:00 am
- Clubroom is ClosedStarts: 12:00 amEnds: Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 12:00 am
- Board Meeting, visitors at noon.Starts: 10:00 amEnds: Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 1:00 pmLocation: Board Room
Events on Saturday, February 6, 2016
Events on Sunday, February 14, 2016
Events on Monday, February 15, 2016
Events on Friday, February 19, 2016
Events on Saturday, February 20, 2016
Events on Sunday, February 21, 2016