August 14, 15 and 16
It’s time to talk FESTIVAL!! Mark your calendars and come out to support this major fundraising event. Get some work hours in, visit with fellow members and friends, and cheer on our Finn Camp Voima softball team!
Friday kicks off the festival weekend with the kitchen and beer truck opening at 5:00 p.m., followed by the Home Run Derby beginning about 6:30 p.m. Come see the big hitters knock ’em into the woods! We will continue in to the evening with music and dancing in the Clubroom!
Saturday the kitchen will open for breakfast at 8:00 a.m., with food available all day in the Ravintola and food tent. The softball tournament also begins at 8:00 a.m. with games on the Finn Camp’s George Aho Memorial Field and the Gilbert Willis Park fields. Flagraising ceremonies will be at 11:00 a.m. There will be music and entertainment from the Dance Hall porch plus 50/50 raffles, the pitching booth, horseshoes and other games, face painting, and the sale of Finn Camp and Finn Fest merchandise throughout the day. Save some energy for the dance floor on Saturday night as our DJ will be playing favorites in the Dance Hall.
Sunday, FUNday, we will do it all over again! The kitchen will open for breakfast at 8: 00 a.m. with food available all day. Softball will continue on all three fields with the championship game on our “A” Field in the late
afternoon/early evening, followed immediately by trophy presentation. Music, raffles, horseshoes, and other activities will continue as well.
- Future Planning, visitors at noon.Starts: 7:30 pmEnds: Thursday, April 7, 2016 - 8:30 pmLocation: Boardroom
- Forest ManagementStarts: 10:00 amEnds: Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 2:00 pmLocation: Pole Barn
- Sisu SistersStarts: 6:30 pmEnds: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 7:30 pmLocation: Clubroom
- newsletter items are dueStarts: 12:00 amEnds: Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 12:00 am
- Board MeetingStarts: 10:00 amEnds: Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 1:00 pmLocation: BoardroomDescription: Visitors at noon
- Friday Night GrillStarts: 6:00 pmEnds: Friday, April 22, 2016 - 8:00 pm
- 2016 Voima Boys Softball Season OpenerStarts: 6:15 pmEnds: Friday, April 22, 2016 - 7:15 pmLocation: George Aho FieldDescription: Friday, April 22, marks the season opener of the over-35 softball league season. The Voima Boys first game starts at 6:15 p.m. and the second game at 7:25 p.m., both on the Finn Camp’s George Aho Field. To start it off, St. Urho Queen Amber Martin will throw the first pitch to King Jim Ziegler. The Friday Night Grill will be open at 6:00 p.m. for some good food while cheering for the Voima Boys.
- Voima Boys Softball GameStarts: 7:25 pmEnds: Friday, April 22, 2016 - 8:25 pmLocation: George Aho Field
- Annual MeetingStarts: 12:00 pmEnds: Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 4:00 pmLocation: ClubroomDescription: registration starts at 11:00 a.m. Meeting starts at noon
Events on Thursday, April 7, 2016
Events on Sunday, April 10, 2016
Events on Wednesday, April 13, 2016
Events on Friday, April 15, 2016
Events on Sunday, April 17, 2016
Events on Friday, April 22, 2016
Events on Sunday, April 24, 2016