August 14, 15 and 16
It’s time to talk FESTIVAL!! Mark your calendars and come out to support this major fundraising event. Get some work hours in, visit with fellow members and friends, and cheer on our Finn Camp Voima softball team!
Friday kicks off the festival weekend with the kitchen and beer truck opening at 5:00 p.m., followed by the Home Run Derby beginning about 6:30 p.m. Come see the big hitters knock ’em into the woods! We will continue in to the evening with music and dancing in the Clubroom!
Saturday the kitchen will open for breakfast at 8:00 a.m., with food available all day in the Ravintola and food tent. The softball tournament also begins at 8:00 a.m. with games on the Finn Camp’s George Aho Memorial Field and the Gilbert Willis Park fields. Flagraising ceremonies will be at 11:00 a.m. There will be music and entertainment from the Dance Hall porch plus 50/50 raffles, the pitching booth, horseshoes and other games, face painting, and the sale of Finn Camp and Finn Fest merchandise throughout the day. Save some energy for the dance floor on Saturday night as our DJ will be playing favorites in the Dance Hall.
Sunday, FUNday, we will do it all over again! The kitchen will open for breakfast at 8: 00 a.m. with food available all day. Softball will continue on all three fields with the championship game on our “A” Field in the late
afternoon/early evening, followed immediately by trophy presentation. Music, raffles, horseshoes, and other activities will continue as well.
- Future Planning meetingStarts: 7:30 pmEnds: Thursday, December 1, 2016 - 8:30 pmLocation: Board Room
- Pikku Joulu RehearsalStarts: 5:00 pmEnds: Saturday, December 3, 2016 - 6:00 pmLocation: ClubroomDescription: Contact Angie Rentola.
- Christmas Card DeadlineStarts: 12:00 amEnds: Monday, December 5, 2016 - 12:00 amLocation: Detroit Finnish Cooperative Summer Camp Association, 2524 Loon Lake Rd, Wixom, MI 48393, USADescription: An association Christmas card will again this year be mailed to all members. Amber Martin would like to ask for anyone interested in designing the Finn Camp Christmas card to please submit their design by December 4. Cards should be on 8.5" × 11" paper, folded in half. Designs should be mailed to the Finn Camp address (2524 Loon Lake Road, Wixom 48393), attention: Christmas Card. Amber will be taking care of collecting the $5 per entry for anyone who would like their name in the Christmas card this year. This money is due by December 4 as well. Please let her know if you have any questions: 248-770-9994 or email@example.com.
- Pikku Joulu (Little Christmas)Starts: 1:00 pmEnds: Sunday, December 4, 2016 - 5:00 pmLocation: ClubroomDescription: The annual Children’s Christmas celebration will be Sunday, December 4, from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. in the Clubroom. Bring a side dish or dessert for the potluck lunch; the main dish will be provided by the Recreation Committee. New members are asked to bring an unbreakable ornament, labeled with your name(s) and “2016,” to hang on the tree and add to our growing collection (one per family, please). Join the kids in a sing-along of our favorite carols as we anxiously await a visit from Santa!
For your child to participate in Santa’s gift bag, bring a wrapped gift with your child’s name, to be put under the tree. Please limit the cost of your gift to $10–$15.
- Spa Night Holiday PartyStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: Friday, December 9, 2016 - 10:00 pmLocation: SaunaDescription: Celebrate the holidays with your Sisu Sisters! Come join us for some holiday cheer on Friday, December 9, from 7:00 to 10:00 p.m. Enjoy a sauna, massage, snacks and beverage by a toasty fire. Please bring a fun white elephant gift to share and a dish to pass if you like. This is our way of saying “thank you” for your help and support throughout the year. —The Sisu Sisters
- Bar Committee meetingStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 8:00 pmLocation: Boardroom
- Adult Christmas PartyStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 12:00 amLocation: ClubroomDescription: Please bring a passing dish or dessert and join in the holiday fun. Deli trays and coffee will be provided by the Board. Please bring some nonperishable food to be donated to Hospitality House. Please make sure all food items are not out of date. Cash and check donations are also appreciated. We will be listening to music from an iPod playlist.
- Forest CommitteeStarts: 10:00 amEnds: Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 2:00 pmLocation: Pole Barn
- newsletter items are dueStarts: 12:00 amEnds: Friday, December 16, 2016 - 12:00 am
- Sauna will be closed.Starts: 12:00 amEnds: Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 12:00 am
- New Year's partyStarts: 9:00 pmEnds: Sunday, January 1, 2017 - 1:00 amLocation: Clubroom
Events on Thursday, December 1, 2016
Events on Saturday, December 3, 2016
Events on Sunday, December 4, 2016
Events on Friday, December 9, 2016
Events on Saturday, December 10, 2016
Events on Sunday, December 11, 2016
Events on Thursday, December 15, 2016
Events on Saturday, December 24, 2016
Events on Saturday, December 31, 2016