August 14, 15 and 16
It’s time to talk FESTIVAL!! Mark your calendars and come out to support this major fundraising event. Get some work hours in, visit with fellow members and friends, and cheer on our Finn Camp Voima softball team!
Friday kicks off the festival weekend with the kitchen and beer truck opening at 5:00 p.m., followed by the Home Run Derby beginning about 6:30 p.m. Come see the big hitters knock ’em into the woods! We will continue in to the evening with music and dancing in the Clubroom!
Saturday the kitchen will open for breakfast at 8:00 a.m., with food available all day in the Ravintola and food tent. The softball tournament also begins at 8:00 a.m. with games on the Finn Camp’s George Aho Memorial Field and the Gilbert Willis Park fields. Flagraising ceremonies will be at 11:00 a.m. There will be music and entertainment from the Dance Hall porch plus 50/50 raffles, the pitching booth, horseshoes and other games, face painting, and the sale of Finn Camp and Finn Fest merchandise throughout the day. Save some energy for the dance floor on Saturday night as our DJ will be playing favorites in the Dance Hall.
Sunday, FUNday, we will do it all over again! The kitchen will open for breakfast at 8: 00 a.m. with food available all day. Softball will continue on all three fields with the championship game on our “A” Field in the late
afternoon/early evening, followed immediately by trophy presentation. Music, raffles, horseshoes, and other activities will continue as well.
- Future PlanningStarts: 7:30 pmEnds: Thursday, September 1, 2016 - 8:30 pmLocation: Boardroom
- DFCSCA Annual Golf TournamentStarts: 12:00 pmEnds: Saturday, September 3, 2016 - 2:00 pmLocation: Hickory Hill Golf Course, 2307 Orland, Wixom, MI 48393, USADescription: Finn Camp’s Annual Labor Day Open Invitational Golf Tournament at Hickory Hill Golf Course on Saturday—not Sunday this year— September 3, will be a scrambles tournament. Tee times are from 12:00 noon to 2:00 p.m.: first come, first served. Nominal entry fees plus greens fees and optional cart rental. Open to all members. See or call Mary or Rob Johnson for more details and to sign up: 248-624-4568.
- Board Meeting, visitors at noon.Starts: 10:00 amEnds: Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 1:00 pm
- newsletter items are dueStarts: 12:00 amEnds: Friday, September 16, 2016 - 12:00 am
- Campers’ PicnicStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 9:00 pmLocation: Outside of ClubroomDescription: Our traditional end-of-season campers’ picnic, rain or shine. The Association will as usual provide hotdogs, buns and condiments as well as two tickets per membership that can be used for beverages in the bar. Please bring your own roasting sticks. Come out and share a great time with your fellow members.
- Board-sponsored BreakfastStarts: 8:30 amEnds: Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 11:30 amLocation: Kenttä
- Fall Classic Men’s Golf ScrambleStarts: 8:00 amEnds: Sunday, September 25, 2016 - 12:00 pmLocation: Riverbank Golf Course, 24095 Currie Rd, South Lyon, MI 48178, USADescription: This annual event will be held on Sunday, September 25 at the Riverbank Golf Course, South Lyon, 10 Mile and Currie. Registration starts at 8:00 a.m.; tee-off, 9:00 a.m. Contact Dave Niemi.
Events on Thursday, September 1, 2016
Events on Saturday, September 3, 2016
Events on Sunday, September 11, 2016
Events on Thursday, September 15, 2016
Events on Saturday, September 17, 2016
Events on Sunday, September 18, 2016
Events on Sunday, September 25, 2016