August 14, 15 and 16
It’s time to talk FESTIVAL!! Mark your calendars and come out to support this major fundraising event. Get some work hours in, visit with fellow members and friends, and cheer on our Finn Camp Voima softball team!
Friday kicks off the festival weekend with the kitchen and beer truck opening at 5:00 p.m., followed by the Home Run Derby beginning about 6:30 p.m. Come see the big hitters knock ’em into the woods! We will continue in to the evening with music and dancing in the Clubroom!
Saturday the kitchen will open for breakfast at 8:00 a.m., with food available all day in the Ravintola and food tent. The softball tournament also begins at 8:00 a.m. with games on the Finn Camp’s George Aho Memorial Field and the Gilbert Willis Park fields. Flagraising ceremonies will be at 11:00 a.m. There will be music and entertainment from the Dance Hall porch plus 50/50 raffles, the pitching booth, horseshoes and other games, face painting, and the sale of Finn Camp and Finn Fest merchandise throughout the day. Save some energy for the dance floor on Saturday night as our DJ will be playing favorites in the Dance Hall.
Sunday, FUNday, we will do it all over again! The kitchen will open for breakfast at 8: 00 a.m. with food available all day. Softball will continue on all three fields with the championship game on our “A” Field in the late
afternoon/early evening, followed immediately by trophy presentation. Music, raffles, horseshoes, and other activities will continue as well.
- Taco WednesdaysStarts: 6:00 pmEnds: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 - 8:00 pmLocation: Kentta
- Singing the good old songs againStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 - 8:00 pmDescription: “Buffalo Bill” Boycott, Joanne Orr, Jackie Davidson and Gary Brant combine forces to present:
"Singing the good old songs again", which combines 'classic' and original songs into a fun, energetic, and entertaining show! Plenty of audience interaction, participation and humor....along with personal insight and stories.
Bill Boycott (Buffalo Bill) and Joanne Orr (both residing in Wyoming) performed at Finn Camp a couple of years ago, and are the Western Music Associations (WMA) harmony award winners. Bill is also a WMA yodeling champ.
“Jackie and Gary” reside in Ferndale MI. Jackie Davidson was an original member of the grammy award winning group “The new Christy minstrels” with superb vocals and has extraordinary banjo skills. Gary Brandt is and excellent singer songwriter and 12 string guitarist. Bill and Gary attended k-12 school together and have performed many of those years in the Detroit area.
They are performing Wednesday, August 3rd at the Finn Camp dance hall starting at 7:00 p.m. come enjoy this exciting program of seasoned musicians and entertainers.
- Chrildren's WeekendStarts: 12:00 amEnds: Saturday, August 6, 2016 - 12:00 am
- Chrildren's WeekendStarts: 12:00 amEnds: Sunday, August 7, 2016 - 12:00 am
- Chrildren's WeekendStarts: 12:00 amEnds: Monday, August 8, 2016 - 12:00 am
- Sisu SistersStarts: 6:30 pmEnds: Thursday, August 11, 2016 - 7:30 pmLocation: Clubroom
- Finn FestStarts: 12:00 amEnds: Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 12:00 am
- Finn FestStarts: 12:00 amEnds: Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 12:00 am
- Finn FestStarts: 12:00 amEnds: Monday, August 15, 2016 - 12:00 am
- newsletter items are dueStarts: 12:00 amEnds: Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 12:00 am
- Board Meeting, visitors at NoonStarts: 11:00 amEnds: Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 2:00 pm
Events on Wednesday, August 3, 2016
Events on Friday, August 5, 2016
Events on Saturday, August 6, 2016
Events on Sunday, August 7, 2016
Events on Thursday, August 11, 2016
Events on Friday, August 12, 2016
Events on Saturday, August 13, 2016
Events on Sunday, August 14, 2016
Events on Monday, August 15, 2016
Events on Sunday, August 21, 2016