August 14, 15 and 16
It’s time to talk FESTIVAL!! Mark your calendars and come out to support this major fundraising event. Get some work hours in, visit with fellow members and friends, and cheer on our Finn Camp Voima softball team!
Friday kicks off the festival weekend with the kitchen and beer truck opening at 5:00 p.m., followed by the Home Run Derby beginning about 6:30 p.m. Come see the big hitters knock ’em into the woods! We will continue in to the evening with music and dancing in the Clubroom!
Saturday the kitchen will open for breakfast at 8:00 a.m., with food available all day in the Ravintola and food tent. The softball tournament also begins at 8:00 a.m. with games on the Finn Camp’s George Aho Memorial Field and the Gilbert Willis Park fields. Flagraising ceremonies will be at 11:00 a.m. There will be music and entertainment from the Dance Hall porch plus 50/50 raffles, the pitching booth, horseshoes and other games, face painting, and the sale of Finn Camp and Finn Fest merchandise throughout the day. Save some energy for the dance floor on Saturday night as our DJ will be playing favorites in the Dance Hall.
Sunday, FUNday, we will do it all over again! The kitchen will open for breakfast at 8: 00 a.m. with food available all day. Softball will continue on all three fields with the championship game on our “A” Field in the late
afternoon/early evening, followed immediately by trophy presentation. Music, raffles, horseshoes, and other activities will continue as well.
- Spring TalkooStarts: 10:00 amEnds: Sunday, May 1, 2016 - 2:00 pmLocation: Detroit Finnish Cooperative Summer Camp Association, 2524 Loon Lake Rd, Wixom, MI 48393, United StatesDescription: Come out for the annual spring talkoo clean-up. Many workers are required, to spruce up our grounds and ready our facilities for another great season. After the work is done, mojakka will be served and saunas offered to all workers. Be sure to register in the Clubroom to qualify for your free lunch and sauna.
- Sisu SistersStarts: 6:30 pmEnds: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 7:30 pmLocation: Clubroom
- Welcome Back, Campers: Potluck and Game NightStarts: 7:30 pmEnds: Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 11:30 pmLocation: ClubroomDescription: The fun starts at 7:30 p.m., on Saturday, May 14, in the Clubroom. Please bring a dish for the potluck. The Bar Committee will be supplying sloppy Joes. A euchre tournament will start at 8:00 p.m. sharp. Please bring favorite board and card games to share. This is a fam ily-friendly event to kick off the 2016 camping season. See you there!
- Friday Night GrillStarts: 6:00 pmEnds: Friday, May 20, 2016 - 8:00 pm
- Voima Boys Softball GameStarts: 6:15 pmEnds: Friday, May 20, 2016 - 7:15 pmLocation: George Aho Field
- Voima Boys Softball GameStarts: 7:25 pmEnds: Friday, May 20, 2016 - 8:25 pmLocation: George Aho Field
- Memorial Day Flag RaisingStarts: 9:00 amEnds: Monday, May 30, 2016 - 10:00 amLocation: Leppi's Lander, Loon Lake Shore.
Events on Sunday, May 1, 2016
Events on Wednesday, May 11, 2016
Events on Saturday, May 14, 2016
Events on Friday, May 20, 2016
Events on Monday, May 30, 2016